- To participate in the Net Metering Program, a customer must be a Hillsdale BPU electric customer
- Only qualified renewable energy sources are eligible to participate in the Net Metering Program. These sources are solar, wind, biomass, hydro, geothermal or other approved renewable resources.
- The nameplate capacity of the renewable generator must be less than 30 kilowatts (kW).
- The renewable generator may not be sized to exceed the customer’s annual electrical energy needs.
- Customers using biomass may not blend it with any type of fossil fuel.
You can view the Net Metering Rules & Regulations in their entirety Here.